Cat aclandiae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist
Reaction score
Pretty basic aclandiae. The nice thing this plant, it blooms everytime it matures a growth. That's as many as 4 times a year 15893282040896440071467473194351.jpg

It's probably my favorite Cattleya species, I love the fragrance. I've not tried growing one yet, though. I've been told they can be fussy and that someone like me who happens to be a perpetual overwaterer might be in for some trouble.

It's in an eight inch basket with rocks and bark as the medium. It get lots of water as you can the algae growing on the leaves.15893435173364489862279821798384.jpg

One of the most important thing about this species is that the roots must never stay cramp and sopping wet. It has to be aerated at the roots even when moist. Also the roots need to photosynthesize, so roots must have access to sunlight under warm conditions (they ramble outside the basket and sometimes hang in the air like moss). This is also true of schilleriana. If you can grow the aclandiae, you should try the schillerianas.

Rick, I like your C. aclandiae very much. I had one, many many years ago when I had a own greenhouse and it was hard to get in these old days. I think I cherished it to death...

Latest posts

Back