Cast it into the fire!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

Paphluvr

Reaction score
I don't think moving it had anything to do with this outcome. I had my Paph. purpuratum do something similar this year. It's never had a wonkey bloom before. Just a developmental anomaly.

My Green Pets

Fuzzy bud
Reaction score
You could enter it in the ugly orchid contest!

I had a Paph appletonianum a couple years ago that made the most awful-looking deformed mutant flower I had ever seen. After a while I had to cut it off, I couldn't stand to look at it 😆

Reaction score
About twenty years ago someone told me about a miracle product he was using.
I don't remember the brand name but the product was containing a high concentration of gibberellins or gibberellic acid...

I tried the product only once and at a very low concentration and the result was disastrous. All the new formed flowers were like yours...
I never used that stuff again and luckily all my plants were back to normal the next flowering season.

Hope this can helps....

silence882

Horse whisperer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
About twenty years ago someone told me about a miracle product he was using.
I don't remember the brand name but the product was containing a high concentration of gibberellins or gibberellic acid...

I tried the product only once and at a very low concentration and the result was disastrous. All the new formed flowers were like yours...
I never used that stuff again and luckily all my plants were back to normal the next flowering season.

Hope this can helps....
Wow. I'm glad it didn't permanently harm the plants. This one is getting what all my plants get - weak fertilizer and occasional cal-mag. I think my house may just be haunted.

Mutation! :) Send it to me.
Sure. Once the flower drops, I'll put it in a nice little box and send it along.

Reaction score
Wow. I'm glad it didn't permanently harm the plants. This one is getting what all my plants get - weak fertilizer and occasional cal-mag. I think my house may just be haunted.

Sure. Once the flower drops, I'll put it in a nice little box and send it along.
Ok! A ghostbusters case! 👻

Kalyke

Reaction score
I had a paph once and it had some outrageously deformed first blooms. Later blooms and the next year were as advertised. I was told that the first blooms are often crazy.