Cast it into the fire!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think moving it had anything to do with this outcome. I had my Paph. purpuratum do something similar this year. It's never had a wonkey bloom before. Just a developmental anomaly.

You could enter it in the ugly orchid contest!

I had a Paph appletonianum a couple years ago that made the most awful-looking deformed mutant flower I had ever seen. After a while I had to cut it off, I couldn't stand to look at it 😆

About twenty years ago someone told me about a miracle product he was using.
I don't remember the brand name but the product was containing a high concentration of gibberellins or gibberellic acid...

I tried the product only once and at a very low concentration and the result was disastrous. All the new formed flowers were like yours...
I never used that stuff again and luckily all my plants were back to normal the next flowering season.

Hope this can helps....

About twenty years ago someone told me about a miracle product he was using.
I don't remember the brand name but the product was containing a high concentration of gibberellins or gibberellic acid...

I tried the product only once and at a very low concentration and the result was disastrous. All the new formed flowers were like yours...
I never used that stuff again and luckily all my plants were back to normal the next flowering season.

Hope this can helps....
Wow. I'm glad it didn't permanently harm the plants. This one is getting what all my plants get - weak fertilizer and occasional cal-mag. I think my house may just be haunted.

Mutation! :) Send it to me.
Sure. Once the flower drops, I'll put it in a nice little box and send it along.

I had a paph once and it had some outrageously deformed first blooms. Later blooms and the next year were as advertised. I was told that the first blooms are often crazy.

Latest posts

Back