Cape and Islands Display and stuff

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim

Reaction score
I won my first ODC trophy this weekend at the Cape and Islands Show with this display. A good friend loaned me the pots, which are hand-made and raku (sp?) glazed. Many ppl said they loved them - they look like wood but are not. I think they set off the plants perfectly and I was pretty excited to see how it all came out. Everything in the display is a paph...

first two are different lightings...

3. Top left is Gerda 'Magnificum' AM/AOS-RHS, top right is Provocation 'Kate's Memory' from the collection of former ST-er Rick Barry, bottom is Woodrose 'Echo' AM/AOS from Ross.

4. Top is Cathedral Cove 'Kate's Ruby', bottom is Beatrice Ernst 'Charm', an F2 Beatrice Ernst clone from the AQ group from the collection of Robert Ernst.

5. Top left is Ano Puddle 'Eureka' AM/AOS, top right is St. Ouen's Bay 'Ice Dragon' B/CSA, bottom right is Buena Bay x Gigimoore, and has really interesting yellow-pink color (we'll give it another year), bottom left is Tomas Garcia 'Mike' HCC/AOS.

6. Three pots up close; top right is the white pot again. Top left pot of yellows - top left is Magic Mood 'Honey Glow' B/CSA, top right is Smooth Sailing 'Kate's Trim', a cross of Donna Hanes and Billy Bunter 'Tereapi', one of my favorite parents, bottom is Reezy 'Irene' HCC/AOS. Bottom pot of yellows - top left is Green Gold 'Green Magic' from the McClellans collection, top right is one of my favorite seedlings of the year, Claro Javier x Anja, bottom is a very poor blooming of a wonderful plant, King's Forest 'Kate'.

7. Ambers - top left is Longbur 'Voodoo' HCC/AOS, top right is its parent Harbur 'Balthazar' HCC/AOS, bottom is Sioux 'Robin' (a weird blooming of it).

Hope you like them!

Attachments

• DSCN0083.JPG
    DSCN0083.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 60
  • DSCN0094.JPG
    DSCN0094.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 33
  • DSCN0084.JPG
    DSCN0084.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 32
  • DSCN0086.JPG
    DSCN0086.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCN0088.JPG
    DSCN0088.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 25
  • DSCN0085.JPG
    DSCN0085.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 22
  • DSCN0089.JPG
    DSCN0089.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 32
Some from Piping Rock display

Glen's display was beautiful as well; I particularly liked these:

1. Best Paph in Show, Paph. sangii 'Haley Suzanne' HCC/AOS and another clone.

2. Same pic as George, top left is Jolly Green Gem x Engraved, top right is Rod McClellan 'Wavecrest' HCC/AOS, bottom left is White Knight 'Haley Suzanne' HCC/AOS

3. Three seedlings of Irish Eyes, Scarborough Faire x Mem. Toshio Miyata from OZ.

Attachments

• DSCN0097.JPG
    DSCN0097.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 33
  • DSCN0105.JPG
    DSCN0105.JPG
    96.3 KB · Views: 26
  • DSCN0098.JPG
    DSCN0098.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 22
2. Same pic as George, top left is Jolly Green Gem x Engraved, top right is Rod McClellan 'Wavecrest' HCC/AOS, bottom left is White Knight 'Haley Suzanne' HCC/AOS

Great minds think alike!

Tim's display was fantastic. While the pictures are nice, it really had to be seen in person to get the full effect. Truly great display!

What did you end up doing with the pollen?

Really nice Tim, very impressive display. I wish our show was earlier in the year. Houston is in April and a majority of my complexes are done by then. Regards, Doug

Latest posts

Back