CANursery

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parvi_17

Reaction score
I remember seeing eBay listings from this Chinese company, and I never ordered from them because I am wary of Chinese eBay listings (they always seem a little shady to me - no mention of paperwork, generic photos of wild plants so you don't know what you're really getting, etc.). Today I stumbled upon their website, so either the company has grown out of eBay or I just never knew of this website's existence before. Anyway, I now have renewed curiosity about this company.

Now I'm not posting this to argue ethics or anything like that, I know there are widely varying opinions on buying wild-collected plants, etc. But I am curious to know whether anyone has any experience dealing with CANursery, and what that experience was. Do you get what is advertised (i.e., true to name)? Are the plants healthy? Is paperwork supplied? I ask the latter because while I won't express an opinion on whether wild-collected plants should be purchased or not, I wouldn't order from somewhere that isn't filing the correct phyto/CITES paperwork, because I don't want to get in trouble. :p

Thanks in advance for any info anyone might have.

Their website, by the way, is http://www.canursery.com/.

Joe, I bought a book (Genus Paphiopedilum in China) from them. They were (relatively) easy to communicate over email, and I didn't have any problems. But I have no experience with their plants. Did you try to contact them about paper works? I don't think they can provide the CITES App. 1 document which will pass through the US, but Canada has more relaxed interpretation.

They have had the web page for at least a couple years (parallel to ebay store). I'm guessing that they got locked out from ebay. I vaguely remember that they disappeared from ebay around the same time when several other illegal orchid vendors disappeared last year or a year before that.

Joe, I bought a book (Genus Paphiopedilum in China) from them. They were (relatively) easy to communicate over email, and I didn't have any problems. But I have no experience with their plants. Did you try to contact them about paper works? I don't think they can provide the CITES App. 1 document which will pass through the US, but Canada has more relaxed interpretation.

They have had the web page for at least a couple years (parallel to ebay store). I'm guessing that they got locked out from ebay. I vaguely remember that they disappeared from ebay around the same time when several other illegal orchid vendors disappeared last year or a year before that.

Thanks for your reply Naoki! I saw that book on their site and I may actually end up buying it, haha. If not from them, from somewhere!

Latest posts

Back