canhii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice Istvan. What conditions do you give it please?
Shade, like barbatas, foliar feeding with rain water+ peters excel calmag, cc. total 400 uS every second day in summer, every week in winter, watering with pure rain water.Most important, that this one and rung are living on rock in nature and both suffer in standard paph mix.They like pure inorganic media, i use pumice+ gravel or pumice+ perlite, they love few moss around leaves.

Shade, like barbatas, foliar feeding with rain water+ peters excel calmag, cc. total 400 uS every second day in summer, every week in winter, watering with pure rain water.Most important, that this one and rung are living on rock in nature and both suffer in standard paph mix.They like pure inorganic media, i use pumice+ gravel or pumice+ perlite, they love few moss around leaves.
Thank you Istvan for your answer. However, my English is not good enough to understand "cc. total 400 uS". Are you talking about conductivity and if yes should I understand 400 µS/cm? And so you never feed this plant by its roots, you only give the fertilizer solution by spraying its leaves with it?

Is it possible to see a photo of the whole plant with its pot? Finally, how often do you water it?

Many thanks or these details.

Last edited:
Thank you Istvan for your answer. However, my English is not good enough to understand "cc. total 400 uS". Are you talking about conductivity and if yes should I understand 400 µS/cm? And so you never feed this plant by its roots, you only give the fertilizer solution by spraying its leaves with it?

Is it possible to see a photo of the whole plant with its pot? Finally, how often do you water it?

Many thanks or these details.
I water them once per week in winter, twice in summer, but humidity never drops under 70 percent.

Attachments

• IMG_20230323_071751.jpg
    IMG_20230323_071751.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230323_071818.jpg
    IMG_20230323_071818.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Thank you Istvan for the photos, and also for the composition of your media. The one for my rung is made of 4 parts of pine bark, 2 parts of sphagnum moss, 2 parts of perlite, and 1 part of pozzolan, but it doesn't seem to like it, and is a very very slow grower in it, so I will repot it in pumice + perlite as you advised.

Is my understanding about conductivity correct?

Regards.

Thank you Istvan for the photos, and also for the composition of your media. The one for my rung is made of 4 parts of pine bark, 2 parts of sphagnum moss, 2 parts of perlite, and 1 part of pozzolan, but it doesn't seem to like it, and is a very very slow grower in it, so I will repot it in pumice + perlite as you advised.

Is my understanding about conductivity correct?

Regards.
Yes, uS/cm.

runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga runga

May not be forbidden for long. Rumor has it legal plants just came into US from China.
I can't for the life of me fathom, how such plants in any ways legally can enter any country outside the country of their origin? Even export/import of seeds or for that matter dead tissue from such species would to my knowledge be excluded due to CITES-regulations.
That they might, and that no one in the end might end up in trouble, is another matter.

I wrote already earlier that Research Gate told that they had collected plants for studying purposes rungsuriyanum plants from in situ, and exported them,or imported, from Laos legally with CITES papers.

Dear Istvan, can you tell us that to what size of pots you usually use to plant your rungs and canhiis in?

That canhii on your first picture has lovely and strong colouring. Very beautiful. 🤩

I think, CITES laws are unable to protect the species from extinction. Many collected plants are offered on local markets within the border and just minority of them land on abroad, in EU or US. Rest of them die after local collection. Said- to- be illegal exports are just a chanche to save some species for the future in this situation. There is a nice example of this theory about wentworthianum. This species is extremely rare, one of an Europian nursery got a mature pod from a collected plant and propagated succesfully. Now many of near mature plants are available from seeds. I think it means a new hope for saving this wonderful plant for the future and a new hope for protection all plants living in the wild.Another example is vietnamense. If there were no illegally smuggled plants, i think, this wonderful species were only a sad memory like Dodos.

Latest posts

Back