CAnberra Orchid Show 2013

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emydura

Reaction score
Our show was a couple of weeks back (same weekend as Gary's) so a bit slow in posting this. The show doubled as the regional show so all the orchid societies from southern NSW also participate. This occurs only every 12 years in Canberra. As it is Canberra's 100 year celebration this year, the displays tend to have a celebratory theme.

Didn't have much luck myself other than a 1st and 2nd in the photography section.

Here are a few random photos.

Champion Paph - (Jolly Roger x Pacific Magic) x Buttler's Effect

Paph St Swithin 'Jill' AM/AOC

Paph Tuxedo Junction x Raisin Candy

Paph Double Arrow

Paph Invincible - best Paph specimen

Grand Champion of the Show

Champion Cymbidium

Champion Display

So many impressive plants! Love the paph grand champ, and that masdie is wonderful.

Very nicely grown dend speciosums and masdies.. But IMHO, other plants are more impressive than the grand champion phal. Just my 2 cents..

I don't think you are the only one. As the Grand Champion was buried amongst many other orchids, I remember trying to work out which was the actual plant that won. It wasn't obvious. I must admit I was surprised but I'm not a judge, so I'm not across many of the other orchid genera.

Latest posts

Back