Can you help me to identify it?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would guess gratixianum from the dorsal sepal in pick #2. Most likely something in the villosum-gratixianum group.

I would agree with Chicago Chad, I think it resembles Paph. gratrixianum, or perhaps a hybrid what that in the parentage.

But are you sure is an orchid? because the plant is not mine, and if you're sure, i'll be able to buy it, so I can take care of it, but I dont want to pay the price of an orchid for a plant that it is not.
thanks!

As told in the infojardin/orchidforum it is a Paphiopedilum. You'll need to wait until it flowers.

But are you sure is an orchid? because the plant is not mine, and if you're sure, i'll be able to buy it, so I can take care of it, but I dont want to pay the price of an orchid for a plant that it is not.
thanks!

It certainly looks like a dried up slipper orchid bloom. If it was me, I'd be convinced enough to buy it. Rather than tentatively identify it as Paph gratrixianum, which would require a colored bloom to be sure, it more accurately resembles a dried up bloom that may have come from a species or hybrid influenced by the subgenus paphiopedilum. It could just as well be Paph villosum, insigne, coccineum or spicerianum or any hybrid with those in the parentage, but it would need a bloom in much better shape to make a closer determination. It does have the right shape, though, and the leaves look correct.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back