can U ID caterpillar?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OMG - very interesting! Thanks! One would think the larvae leaving the caterpillar would be enough to kill it! One can see how one can get interested in bugs! The photography is something else too!

Eeeeeeewwwwwwww!

We set one tomato plant apart from all the others. Keeping track every early morning for signs of the worms, once found we gather them all up and place them on the seperated tomato plant. Everyone is happy then! The tomato worms have their meal, the parasites have their meal, and some worms go undetected. And we get tomatoes. It is worth doing.

I like that idea!

We set one tomato plant apart from all the others. Keeping track every early morning for signs of the worms, once found we gather them all up and place them on the seperated tomato plant. Everyone is happy then! The tomato worms have their meal, the parasites have their meal, and some worms go undetected. And we get tomatoes. It is worth doing.

Two years in a row we planted carrots in our garden and two years in a row the carrots got infected with the caterpillars of the Old World Swallowtail

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_World_Swallowtail

Both years I decided to let the caterpillars have their meal and buy my carrots in the store.

Back