Can the bud blast be saved ?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ma_sha1

Reaction score
My 1st Kovachii hybrid, Kovachii x Besse. Arrived in poor shape with mold all over the medium which I took care of with Physan 20.

But that's not the worst part, the bud sheath was turning brown and expanded rapidly daily. I was forced to cut open the sheath & tossed the brown side of the sheath and hospitalized the tiny bud into a home made "sandwich bag green house"

Do I have a chance? I desperately want to save this! From the picture, do you think the bud will survive?

Thx!!!
968200530fb79a8d2236407cf68b634b.jpg

67c3a01c5162fabf7429dd05c090cee5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The spike has some rot and is browning and expanding as well.

Bacteria? I am thinking about using my antibiotic eye cream.
The priority is Orchid over pink eye!

I doubt it's savable, but get that plastic off of the bud. If it has any chance of surviving, the plastic only improves the growing conditions for the fungus.

Blasted bud is blasted. ;)

If the tip is green, it may develop and continue on making new buds though.

Btw, are you the same Ma sha on eBay??
If so, that picture of pink neo is from me. ;)

Blasted bud is blasted. ;)

If the tip is green, it may develop and continue on making new buds though.

Btw, are you the same Ma sha on eBay??

If so, that picture of pink neo is from me. ;)

Yes, I grabbed a photo from the web as mine isn't bloomed yet. Let me know if you are ok with it, or I can take it off.

You should ALWAYS ask before posting someone else's photos.

I agree, it was a poor judgement on my part & it bothers me.
Since I haven't heard back from Happypaphy7, I went ahead & removed the picture.

I doubt it's savable, but get that plastic off of the bud. If it has any chance of surviving, the plastic only improves the growing conditions for the fungus.

Thanks Ray,

My window area are only 50/60% humidity usually & goes down to 30-40 when the sun hits. if I take the bag off, I am afraid the naked bud may dry blast. are the tiny naked bud capable to withstand low humidity?

I was just pointing out.

It's ok. Buy me a candy. Just kidding! :)

Thanks buddy, Candies are on me if we meet at an orchid show :)

Now back to the bud:

The bag is off, the bud is free & the 2nd sheath looks good so far, but the whole thing isn't growing much, a watched pot never boils but I can't help it

c90629703427d52d7996e5619987edd3.jpg

Latest posts

Back