Can someone confirm if Phrag is labeled correctly

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Confirm? No. What are the flower and leaf dimensions and can you show a photo of the leaves?

At a quick glance it does look a lot like P. NT, but looking around at photos of various P. QFNK hybrids online makes me think that it's also possible that this is correctly labeled. For instance, there are multiple photos of QF Naukana Kealoha x dalessandroi and those also look a lot like P. NT without much influence from P. kovachii except perhaps in the size of the blooms.

Hello
The label on this Phrag is
Q.F. Naukana Kealoha x Nicolle Tower. Any opinions?
Thank you.
To me it looks like Nicholle Tower......

View attachment 18448
I think it is labeled correctly. however I wonder what the breeder is looking for in this QF Malia cross formula ?
-QF Naukana Kealoha (Incan Treasure (kovachii x longifolium) x longifolium var. gracile)
-Nicholle Tower (longifolium x dalessandroi)
even Nicholle Tower pouch does not have the two prominent edge on both sides of the pouch like this.
But the QF Malia has so many longifolium again and again, that is why the two side edges are so prominent again .
with the percentage 12.5 kovachii 62.5 longifolium 25 dalessandroi
https://www.orchidroots.com/detail/101022678/hybrid/?tab=sum

Last edited:
Thank you for your time and effort in researching this. I’ll consider it a correct label. My search for an amazing Phrag that is caudatum x kovachii or Grande x kovachii with or without besseae or schlimii continues........anyone have a Phrag Cahaba Phyllis Bailey in bloom available?

Sometimes windy hill orchids has those phyllis bailey type hybrids, but you have to ask

Latest posts

Back