Can some one please tell me?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just checked the CITES database and paph tranlien is from Vietman ( btw Tran Lien is a Vietnmese's name)
I didn't realize how slick is china. They claim orchid from Vietnam also can be found in china, in this way they can illegal import tons of plants from Vietnam and provide CITES so they can export, (oh, I forgot China is claiming Vietnam is China teritory, and all south China sea).
BD

The Glorious Peoples' Democratic Republic objects to your assertions of impropriety in the distribution of our natural resources and our confirmation of the borders with our cousins to the South! Your re-education has been recommended!!

Enough interceptions ended up at the rescue centers that they bred and released them.

I think the first legal batches (in the US) came out of ANTEC from confiscated adults several years ago.

My be from Hengduan Mountain Biotech. They selling US legal flowering size plants. They could just be reselling some.

Hengduan is real

Breeding and flasking, and selling captive produced plants.

Regardless of what CITES has on their documentation, there is published peer reviewed articles locating several Vietnamese species in Southern China.

These have been debated for legitamacey, but apparently accepted enough by CITES to allow the Hengduan produced plants into the country.

I have a Hengduan biotech tranlienianum. Hopefully it'll flower next year. How many rescue centers are around? Are there still centers you can buy flask/plants from? (no more ANTEC :( )

I have a Hengduan biotech tranlienianum. Hopefully it'll flower next year. How many rescue centers are around? Are there still centers you can buy flask/plants from? (no more ANTEC :( )

Several Botanical Gardens across the US became rescue centers.

I'm not aware that any of them became retail outlets. I was under the impression that ANTEC actually curtailed their retail exposure in part to work as a rescue center alowing limited release of propagated offspring.

I have one, along with others coming next month, with papers! So the "cat is out of the bag" sort of speaking.

This has been brought up previously where it was mentioned that there is a trading place in China where lots of plants from other countries were brought and propagated pre-Cites. Now this does not mean they are legal, just that the suppliers in China can say they are Chinese plants. :rolleyes:

This has been brought up previously where it was mentioned that there is a trading place in China where lots of plants from other countries were brought and propagated pre-Cites. Now this does not mean they are legal, just that the suppliers in China can say they are Chinese plants. :rolleyes:

It's 900+ miles from New York to Tennesse and probably 10 orchid species (including 3 cyps) can be found in both states. Cyp kentuckiensis is found in scattered sites in Ohio, Ky, Tn, and TX(?!?!?!)

It's only 350 miles from Kunming (Yunan South China) and Hanoi Vietnam, and supposedly the native range of slippers in Vietnam is a few square miles???

Despite the controversy, I don't think the natural range extensions of the Vietnamese slippers into Southern China is that implausible.

The Glorious People's Democratic Republic applauds and commends your comprehension and realization of the natural materials shared with our cousins to the south and the fluid nature of supposed boundries set by your imperialistic government.

The Glorious People's Democratic Republic applauds and commends your comprehension and realization of the natural materials shared with our cousins to the south and the fluid nature of supposed boundries set by your imperialistic government.

Yes, and wither we like it or not, the Glorious People's Democratic Republic are export orchids all over. Unfortunately, for Vietnam, they haven't jumped on the band wagon and tried, legally, to make some money.

Yes, and wither we like it or not, the Glorious People's Democratic Republic are export orchids all over. Unfortunately, for Vietnam, they haven't jumped on the band wagon and tried, legally, to make some money.

It is a bit too late now. They destroy forest faster than "water fall". The Goverment makes more money by using forest land for other bussiness. Do you think they want to collect peny
BD

Latest posts

Back