Can some one please tell me?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Glorious People's Democratic Republic applauds and commends your comprehension and realization of the natural materials shared with our cousins to the south and the fluid nature of supposed boundries set by your imperialistic government.

Your Welcome:eek:

Sorry to hear that baodai. Do they try to preserve any of the forest?
In Vietnam, anything from forest, ocean, (wild life) is a fair game. You can catch a fish from the ocean and it doesn't matter how small it is, you can have it. There're birds if you can catch them, their are your to keep. There's a book Called "So Do" red book (endanger species). If you get catch taking something you are not suppose to (there's a slap on a wrist fine) or you can barter with the officer who catch you and pay him something. Just remmeber one thing: Vietnamese goverment is serve for themself not for the people. Do you think they care enough for enviromental? It's sad, but it is what it is.

In Vietnam, anything from forest, ocean, (wild life) is a fair game. You can catch a fish from the ocean and it doesn't matter how small it is, you can have it. There're birds if you can catch them, their are your to keep. There's a book Called "So Do" red book (endanger species). If you get catch taking something you are not suppose to (there's a slap on a wrist fine) or you can barter with the officer who catch you and pay him something. Just remmeber one thing: Vietnamese goverment is serve for themself not for the people. Do you think they care enough for enviromental? It's sad, but it is what it is.

It is that way everywhere there is people with power.
In Countries like *** the normal person does not have the opportunity to pay a police officer or gov official to solve a problem, but there are plenty that do, and do it.

In Vietnam, anything from forest, ocean, (wild life) is a fair game.

My brother is a musician and learned Vietnamese. He lived in Vietnam for a few years and married a very nice Vietnamese woman.

Since he is into music and culture I asked about the music/culture scene in Vietnam. It sounded like the environment is not the only thing getting lost in Vietnam.

He said that everybody wants to be scene as modern and progressive, and there is disdain for older culture and traditional music.

So it sounds like loss of habitat, pollution, traditional music are really minority concerns while the majority considers these attributes a of "modern" culture.

The future is yours

Hey Rick,

Sad to say I have to agree with you. Humanity has hit a turning point in my mind, one where we need to change our "mining" approach to the world. If we continue to extract whatever we can at whatever price then surely there won't be much of the original nature left.

What that means exactly remains a mystery, but you have to realize that a mere 100 years ago this planet was a far different place. There were 4.5 billion less people in the world and their influence was minimal, yet on the cusp of growing wildly. Vast regions were as yet unsettled and unaffected by human influence.

Today, it is a different thing. No ecosystem, no matter how remote from human habitation is unaffected. While that should surely make the red flags go up, we seem to want to barrel ahead even faster! Fracking! More economic growth! Bigger cities! And so on...

Around 10,000 years ago the great Pleistocene-Holocene Extinctions finished, removing the bulk of the earth's large bodied fauna - what has happened to the same group of animals (average body mass ~100+kg) over the last century is beyond reckoning. Even without the effects of climate change, few large bodied animals will remain alive in nature as viable populations by this century's end. That ought to make us wonder at least a little.

Ah well, just put another shrimp on the barbie and pop a beer and go back to sleep...

Last edited:
Their was a show on Animal Plant, I forget the name, where the host was an undercover animal cop. He would help Eastern country's, usually around Asia, catch poachers.

Modern progression isn't always great. Look at all the beautiful home that have been destroyed in the U.S. for "progression".

Latest posts

Back