Can an orchid be awarded more than once ?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found something that looks the same Pleuro. rubens v. longifolium. Maybe my plant was mis-labelled. I'm wondering if it's worth bringing to an OS for judging?

Does AQ plus have photos and any awards for Pleuro. quadrifolia [aka rubens v. longifolia?]? Thread-Jack!

Mr. Jack, this plant is a.k.a. Anat.(Anathallis) rubens. There are no awards but here's a purty picture for you to aspire to.
20080201-ccsugyctth1becj1wae3y4amt2.jpg

Do a search under this name and maybe you'll have better luck. Start a new thread and post a photo or Gilda will beat your butt.

Yes, infact one Paph. armeniacum 'Nova' was awarded a FCC of 93 pts. in 1987 then again another FCC of 96 pts. in 1988.:drool:

Ramon:)

So what is being said is ,it would be judged against the 2005 FCC awarded Flashpoint ? Someone mentioned seeing pictures..how did that one look ?? I know any divisions of an awarded plant carries the same award...I just didn't know if an awarded plant could be awarded again.

However i think it has happened that a plant can go from a low AM of say 80 points to a higher point score of 86 points. It would still be an AM. The clonal name would not change.

This is true. Check on old awards (the Register of Awards) and you will see that it has occured a lot. But a higher AM, in my opinion is a waste of money. You could aways ask a judge(s) if they think a FCC is likely. Of course these judges couldn't set on the team to judge after you ask:D

Gilda, yes it would be scored/compared to 'Flashpoint'. Look at the description of 'Flashpoint' that I posted. Does yours have as many flowers? Spikes? Like I said earlier, based on size it's smaller than the most recent FCC. I don't have AQ so can't post a photo.

. But a higher AM, in my opinion is a waste of money.
I agree.

I also don't think there is a limit on how many CCM's can be awarded for a plant/grower if it just keeps getting bigger and better.

The culture awards are for the quality of the growing, and not really the quality of the flower (within the norms for the clone)

RF got an FCC on three meristems of V. Robert's Delight on three different continents.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back