Cali Folks - You okay? Check in Please, when you can!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the thoughts. It's very bad out here, particularly in the mountain and wooded areas. Many of the AOS judges live in the San Diego area where there are several fires raging.
It looks like the dry windy conditions will last through Thursday or Friday now.
Peter.

I live in the Sacramento area, but many of our firefighters are on the way south. I've got a good friend who lives in the San Diego area. Her son and his family are now staying with her since they were evacuated yesterday.

Thanks for your concern Heather. Several of my friends were evacuated, and will probably be moving in with me for the time being. I'm 20 miles east of the Malibu canyon fires and 60 miles SE of the Limestone Canyon fires and even the sky over my house is dark with smoke. The quality of light is spooky, almost amber.

TV local weather said rains were hitting the area - let it pour!!! They also showed the radar of the fires - unbelievable!

am 2 miles from the Santiago Canyon fire here in Orange County...kinda spooky, what with ashes falling in the yard, smoke, etc., but no immediate danger where I am..whew!......the winds have calmed for the moment...hope for rain!....

am 2 miles from the Santiago Canyon fire here in Orange County...kinda spooky, what with ashes falling in the yard, smoke, etc., but no immediate danger where I am..whew!......the winds have calmed for the moment...hope for rain!....

Watch out for that air. I had an asthma attack for the first time in years. Can't be good for ya.

Latest posts

Back