C. walkeriana var alba 'Pendentive' AM/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron-NY

Reaction score
Some believe that this clone is not a true walkeriana for at times it will bloom from leafless p-bulbs, which is normal for the species and other times will bloom from leafed p-bulbs. It is because of this that many think it is C Xdolosa a naturally occurring hybrid of C. walkeriana x C. loddigesii.

'Pendentive' was produced from a selfing of C. walkeriana var. alba 'Orchidglade' FCC/AOS I have never seen anyone suggest that this plant is not a true walker. It is my understanding that the 'Orchidglade' clone only blooms from leafless p-bulbs.

It has been my experience that it only blooms from leafless p-bulbs. I have it mounted on cork in bright light. I understand that if potted, at times it will bloom from leafed p-bulbs. It is my understanding that the 'Orchidglade' clone only blooms from leafless p-bulbs.

Attachments

• P3250002.JPG
    P3250002.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 20
Even if it was a true walkeriana, it SHOULD be considered a hideous abomination not suitable of representing the species.

Take a good guess there, so the more languages spoken here in Brazil, was the following, there is the original plant and a hybrid much like that caused this whole myth around it, but it was the fact that they sold the hybrid as pendentive, and yes this was a hybrid x misconduct, whether that walkeriana in Brazil, not found in almost any collection.

Even if it was a true walkeriana, it SHOULD be considered a hideous abomination not suitable of representing the species.
I don't think it has great form. But can we consider the line bred walkers as representative of the species? We have creative an "ideal walker" with our line breeding. There are few and far between wild ones that look like a line bred one.

I had not heard that the original plant was a walker and they also sold the hybrid with the 'Pendentive' clonal name as well. I do know that my plant is a division of a very old plant.

Chris do you know anything about walkeriana var alba 'Limerick' HCC/AOS I know it is another older clone. I have obtained a division and hopefully will bloom it for the first time. I am hoping the new growth that I am seeing is a blooming growth

Latest posts

Back