C. violacea 'Muse'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow the color and shape! Love it.

And not all mericlones turn out this well.

I saw the original plant once at Jade Orchids in Florida. It had huge flowers that circled the spike like a deep pink umbrella.

Thanks for all the nice posts here all. A pleasure and privilege to share orchid pics with all here - and I totally enjoy seeing the beautiful orchid flowers that you all upload on Slippertalk, which makes one of the best orchid shows in the world (or ever!).

Geez, I want one of these!!! (I hope the colour break isnt a 'bad' sign.......)

Good comment about the colour break OP! ------- some welcomed individuality there with that flower. Possibly just a natural occurrence ----- the other flower doesn't have that birthmark.

Know what you mean though! I look at orchids in this way - in that I read that many orchids out there may have viruses in them. And orchids/plants that survive indefinitely after getting particular viruses will be along the lines of 'natural selection'. The chance of all orchids getting wiped out by viruses on the planet is relatively small - maybe even zero chance.

This also brings up an interesting topic of studies (if any at all by researchers) done on birthmarks or patterns seen in orchid flowers that just developed naturally --- as in virus-unrelated patches/birthmarks.

At the moment - when I use google or some other search engine and look for 'natural blemishes orchid flowers' or 'color break in orchid flowers', there appear to be pretty much zero (no) discussions or information about natural virus unrelated patterns or variations that could potentially be observed by growers. Interesting situation.

Last edited:
Great pics. Love them.

One of the most important aspect to look for in a good violacea is the flat lip like this one. Many don’t have this and have lips that curl inwards at the edges, making it looked pinched.

To me it is undesirable and almost a fatal flaw for judging,

Latest posts

Back