C. tenebrosa 'Rainforest'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The tenebrosa held up ok despite quite strong blustery winds. Finally captured a nice pic of C. tenebrosa 'Rainforest' and Rlc. Memoria Helen Brown 'Sweet Afton m. Splash' together.

Google drive link (higher res): Pic link

C. tenebrosa 'Rainforest' and Rlc. Memoria Helen Brown 'Sweet Afton m. Splash'_10-Dec2020.jpg

Wow Rainforest looks like a giant compared to Helen!

haha .... DLE!! After taking a look at the pic, it does indeed appear to look like a giant hahaha. Thanks for teaching me how to create monster size flowers hehehehe.

The tenebrosa is closer to the camera for that pic. But I think the tenebrosa span is larger than the span of each of these two MHB flowers. For the previous flowering - I had a one-bud flowering ----- the second bud didn't make. The size of that single flower was probably a bit larger than each of these twin MHB flowers.

Last edited:
What is the natural span of 'Rainforest'? Your petals are much wider than mine, but mine has stayed very flat.

OP ....... the natural span I measured just a moment ago is approximately 18 cm. I really liked the flower when I first saw it --- for the first time in January of this year while on holiday in Bris --- the tan/brown coloured tepals and purply coloured lip --- exotic looking and reasonably good size flowers. The curly tepals was really appealing. I wasn't going to buy anything at all on the holiday, but impulse just kicked in hehe.

The kind of tenebrosa you showed in your recent pics is so nice too. Beautiful. That was really great to see the recent flowers from your tenebrosa. Fantastic timing.

Last edited:
True! iphone pic quality is really good. I haven't got an iphone but have seen the results. They seem to work pretty well under fairly low light conditions too. For my old Samsung S2, it doesn't work well or at all when the lighting gets a bit low ----- blurry pics and auto-focus issues (under low light). But even under good lighting, the lack of a manual focus on my S2 is a bit of a problem sometimes. I just stick with the old S2 as it we can tinker with its operating system and turn off the beeps and bells that manufacturers (and govt) impose on us ----- such as for the camera 'clicks and beeps', and video record button beep noises.

The old S2 (and similar phones) also allow pretty much full image backups to be done - copying a full back-up of operating system plus everything onto a hard drive. Proper system image. So the back-up image can just be transferred to a second phone of identical kind (eg. my spare S2) ----- and the newly imaged S2 will then start up and will be exactly the same as starting up the first phone - same apps, same settings, same contacts, emails, web bookmarks, same everything - a real clone hehehe. The new model phones probably can't do that - due to hardware security features. Will have to check to see what people do for the late model phones. They probably do have their ways. Hopefully.

Last edited:
Sharing one pic of the white-coloured table in the background of the previous image, captured 2 days before the previous image hehehe. A cat among the catts. And some bananas thrown in for good measure hehehe. Actually, I accidentally cut down the wrong banana palm. Hence the immature bananas ---- oops! But that's ok. There's currently plenty more bananas developing on the other palms heheh. But I won't make that same mistake again heheheh.

gingercat_8-Dec2020.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back