C. purpurata

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SouthPark

Reaction score
There is a nice collection of C. purpurata pics out there, and this set is to just add to that collection - and also for demonstrating or re-demonstrating the cat ear/concave-convex flip trick heheheh. The dorsal sepal (top sepal) opened naturally in a convex shape ----- or at least convex relative to the shape seen in first couple of flower pics. And then - using the fingers to gently flip the sepal (ie. firstly very delicately unroll the curl first, followed by inverting the curvature) ------ to get it to a concave shape (where re-distribution of tension happens naturally) ----- we can then get a choice of having upright or curly. I like both 'configurations' - each one is nice. But I think that all this needs to be done at the early stages ----- when maybe the flower is still supple/flexible. At the later stages - it's possible that the flower parts might 'harden' up - like butterfly wings - over the regular lifetime of the flower that is. Not sure. Or ----- if we make a face (eg. frown) and the 'wind changes direction' heheheh.

uc

uc

uc

uc

uc

uc

Last edited:
Why can’t I see any photos here?

Brucher - thanks for asking. I noticed that some web-browsers just get into a particular mode - such as browser protection mode (or something like that) being active/enabled for particular sites. And turning off that setting can allow the images to be seen ----- after disabling the protection for the particular site. In a mobile/cell phone browser - such as firefox ----- there may sometimes be visible signs - such as down the bottom-left of the browser area - where a little 'x' (cross) may appear - giving some indication of browser protection enabled. And pushing the finger on that 'x' region may lead to a settings window (pop-up) for disabling the protection for the particular website. Also - to check to see if the blocking is due to your browser - can just temporarily try a different browser (temporarily - for checking only) ----- such as Chrome browser - if it is on your system that is.

Last edited:
Thanks for mentioning that SB. Just check on browser settings - such as if using mobile/cellphone firefox browser ----- having 'enhanced tracking protection' in the enabled state ---- can lead to blocked images. It might be just a result of the software developers not accounting for (or for-seeing) the issue when they were developing their browser software. I recently noticed this same thing in my android mobile/cell phone firefox browser. The issue completely disappeared after disabling enhanced tracking protection for this particular site. I think it tied (linked) to the 'google drive' images - from which these images are coming in from.

Another temporary test is ----- if you happen to have a different browser (ie. a second browser - such as Chrome/Safari etc) - then try it -- just to see if the images come up. That will at least point toward a software-setting fix can sort out the image loading.

If anybody is using firefox on an android device ----- then there are details of how to disable enhanced tracking protection for individual (particular) websites only --- at LINK. So it's not necessary to disable that protection for every website.

Last edited:
Wonderful array of blooms!

BrucherT and SB:

I, too, could view no photos, but miraculously they all appeared on my iPad after I went to Settings, Safari, Advanced, Experimental Features, and then turned off those among the +90 items that were already turned on.

Thanks so much for joining and your comment SW ------ and for your time to help with that pesky image blocking thing! Those details you added will definitely be beneficial for homing in on that pesky issue. Thanks again!

Brucher - thanks for asking. I noticed that some web-browsers just get into a particular mode - such as browser protection mode (or something like that) being active/enabled for particular sites. And turning off that setting can allow the images to be seen ----- after disabling the protection for the particular site. In a mobile/cell phone browser - such as firefox ----- there may sometimes be visible signs - such as down the bottom-left of the browser area - where a little 'x' (cross) may appear - giving some indication of browser protection enabled. And pushing the finger on that 'x' region may lead to a settings window (pop-up) for disabling the protection for the particular website. Also - to check to see if the blocking is due to your browser - can just temporarily try a different browser (temporarily - for checking only) ----- such as Chrome browser - if it is on your system that is.
Wow thank you. I didn’t know any of that. But weirdly, I can see everything now even though I didn’t change anything. But I learned from you, so thanks!!