C. percivaliana ‘Summit’ FCC/AOS Division if Original, Waldor LG.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’ve had this a couple of years. First bloom was tiny. This one is nice. Here is Waldor’s description: “From the famous firm of Lager & Hurrell. This is one of the classics. Once the premier cut flower for the late fall and early winter holidays. Easy to grow! Very unique fragrance. While you can find newer mericlones of this easily, what sets this plant apart is that it is a division from Longwood Gardens’ collection.”

Attachments

• IMG_1491.jpeg
    IMG_1491.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1492.jpeg
    IMG_1492.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
Good you’re blooming it. It’s either late bloom for season or too early. Usually in December.

The shape of the petals are a little narrow for the cultivar on this blooming? Did it just establish?

I’ve had this a couple of years. First bloom was tiny. This one is nice. Here is Waldor’s description: “From the famous firm of Lager & Hurrell. This is one of the classics. Once the premier cut flower for the late fall and early winter holidays. Easy to grow! Very unique fragrance. While you can find newer mericlones of this easily, what sets this plant apart is that it is a division from Longwood Gardens’ collection.”
Another smart move!

Very impressive Deb, a little late though. percivaliana for me, usually blooms late November - December.
and trianaei from late December to January.
-Patrick

Good you’re blooming it. It’s either late bloom for season or too early. Usually in December.

The shape of the petals are a little narrow for the cultivar on this blooming? Did it just establish?
Interesting you mention that. There was a big discussion on World Orchid Alliance because it is not typical as far as the petals go. I’ve had it since 2020 if I recall. I’ll take a look when I get home.

I found this photo when I posted a photo of the 1st bloom. Petals are a little wider looking but the flower was much smaller. I remember because I thought it was tiny. That thread was from Nov. 2020. It was repotted, I believe but not sure how recently. Will ck.
Update: I got it in Nov. 2020, small 3 bulb division. Repotted Mar. 2021 and again in Feb. 2022. It’s in a 6” pot, growing out and it needs repotting again. Now has 11 bulbs.

1685480255982.jpeg

Last edited:
Back