C. Marcia Foster ‘Bob Sanker’ AM/AOS

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You certainty should! 😉
Funny, I've had this plant since 2019 and it was blooming then with 4 pseudobulbs, but hasn't bloomed since (developed only one sheath in that time that dried up and never did anything, so I removed it after a couple of years). Not sure why, as it's grown 6 full bulbs and has another ½ mature one since the original 4. We shall see what the new ½ one does. Although it's a pretty flower with a subtle very nice fragrance, I'm thinking I might need more flowers out of it. Maybe I had it in too much light, as I moved it and it bloomed without a sheath. We'll see.

Deborah, to save you time, here is the award photo for this cultivar when it was awarded an AM (89 points) in 2004 with 14 flowers and 4 buds on 7 inflorescences with a horizontal spread of 17.3. The same plant also got a CCM. So, it looks like it can grow big but only 2-3 flowers per spike.

20041126.jpg

Deborah, to save you time, here is the award photo for this cultivar when it was awarded an AM (89 points) in 2004 with 14 flowers and 4 buds on 7 inflorescences with a horizontal spread of 17.3. The same plant also got a CCM. So, it looks like it can grow big but only 2-3 flowers per spike.

View attachment 41002
Thanks, I like the coloration of mine better but my largest flower’s NS is 15.5.

Even outside the color will look different in the first half of morning or second half of afternoon than at noon! It will look different if the sun is diffused by clouds or is is filtering through overhead leaves. It may not be the same in all seasons because the sun angle will be different. These are real differences to our eyes, and to the camera. A picture in a greenhouse with shade cloth may also be color shifted. I think all award photos are taken indoors and the light is usually variable from site to site and often far from what natural light would show. That is why the award photos can appear either “bluer” or ”redder” in color than what we see if we have the same plant.

Where you live, you might be able to get all of your pictures outdoors throughout the year to help your cell phone be accurate. I would try for a site that would let you have mid-morning sun shining from behind you directly onto the flower. The sun needs to be high enough so that you aren’t casting a shadow on the flower. I obviouslyl can’t do that in Minnesota when it is cold!

Beautiful, love that lip. I would definitely give it another chance!

Back