C.lueddemanniana 'Arthur Chadwick'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carmella.carey

Reaction score
IMG_20220214_082200.jpg Cattleya lueddemanniana 'Arthur Chadwick' AM/AOS this is a Meristem clone of a lueddemanniana collected from the Venezuelan jungle in 1934 if you don't know the story of this plant look up the Aos bulletin vol. 89 12 December 2020 to the article titled Art Chadwick Sr. turns 90,
Patrick

Yes vary pretty, but I had to cut the sheeth the bud was in there for months then I slashed the top of the sheeth two weeks and boom open flower a first time bloomed Meristem clone too
Patrick

Mine is open 1 week. I think lighting conditions make an important difference in how the photo turns out. The older photo I had of this flower was taken under a "bluer" light and looked closer to your picture. The light panel I now photograph under has a modestly "redder" color temperature setting. This setting seems to best match what my eye sees when flowers are in mid-morning outdoor sun. The sun at different times of the day has a different spectrum and can make a flower have different color appearance.

Latest posts

Back