C. kentuckiense

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Eric Muehlbauer

So..........I was so thrilled to see that my kentuckiense spiked this year. I watched the bud develop with anticipation.....it looked great...then as it matured, it started to change position. Of course, this is how it opened:

So...I did my best to get a good photo...sorry I couldn't do better. I'm really P*****...............but it is a great bloom, and I'm looking for better next year................

Take care, Eric

From the foliage in the background I'm guessing that's in NYC not L.I. Is that a new plant or an old one? Did you get a flower last year if it's old? Congrats anyway, even if it did get shy at least the squirrels didn't get it.

Yes, its in my NYC yard...I bought it as a large seedling from Carson Whitlow 3 years ago....this is its 3rd season, first bloom. I'm pissed because its facing away from me, and to get a face on look I have to crouch in the bushes with rhododendrons, ivy, hosta's, and a bigleaf magnolia all trying to creep up my a** as I try to see what it looks like, and take a picture, all the while trying to steady my balance. Of course, I am happy that its so large and healthy...and also the only cyp to bloom this year in the city (even though my pubescens has a larger growth). Take care, Eric

Latest posts

Back