C. Duvaliana (C. luddemanniana coerulea x C. purpurata-alba ‘Red Carmin’)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good growing, Deb. I like it. I think you meant to capitalize the Duvaliana in your title line. I thought about getting this, but they weren’t smaller seedlings by the time I decided!

I think that Jerry Fischer's idea to remake long ago primary hybrids with superior parents is a good one. We have lost most or all of the fantastic parents from the early days (species and primary hybrids). Maybe using natural or chemically converted polyploid parents we can recover these. I think that many of these primary hybrids will rival our current complex hybrids. I just like to find them as seedlings so I know they will be virus free and have time to adjust to my growing conditions. I should not have been tardy with this one.

Good growing, Deb. I like it. I think you meant to capitalize the Duvaliana in your title line. I thought about getting this, but they weren’t smaller seedlings by the time I decided!
Thanks, it is nicer than Jerry’s website photo which looks white. This has nice petal color. Fragrance is really bizarre because unexpected. I guess I was thinking duvaliana was a species. Thanks fir correctng.

I think that Jerry Fischer's idea to remake long ago primary hybrids with superior parents is a good one. We have lost most or all of the fantastic parents from the early days (species and primary hybrids). Maybe using natural or chemically converted polyploid parents we can recover these. I think that many of these primary hybrids will rival our current complex hybrids. I just like to find them as seedlings so I know they will be virus free and have time to adjust to my growing conditions. I should not have been tardy with this one.
It’s a good grower with leads on both sides, so when it outgrows the pot it’ll have your name on the division.

Very beautiful. Love the drastic gradient change of color from the lip to the petals. It really makes this flower stand out. Rootbeer. Ha. Love it. Hmm Luddie seems to be present in the flower count. Hopefully that improves on the next round, we need more of these flowers in our life. Great blooming!

Very beautiful. Love the drastic gradient change of color from the lip to the petals. It really makes this flower stand out. Rootbeer. Ha. Love it. Hmm Luddie seems to be present in the flower count. Hopefully that improves on the next round, we need more of these flowers in our life. Great blooming!
Thanks! Two more flowers just opended on another spike. Both have nice upright dorsals. Interestingly on first day the petals on the new flowers were white with the slightest blush of pink. Second day they are almost as intense as the other flowers.

Back