C. Caudabec Candy

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SouthPark

Reaction score
This one opened this morning.

It will soon become pink/purple coloured.

The tepals at first opening are green ----- then changes colour soon after the fresh opening.

The rains were wetting the flower, so had to move the plant further in away from the balcony edge ----- to stop water from getting onto the plant, which is now currently drying out.

As can be seen ---- an ant photo-bombed my pic!!!!!!

Google drive link (higher res) : Pic Link

C. Caudabec Candy_5-Jan2021.jpg

Has it fully opened and colorized?

Not quite yet DLE!

We've had really overcast and rainy days lately here. Not much sunlight getting onto the flowers at all. But the green is disappearing now hehehe

I took a pic this morning for us to take a look at the colour at the moment.

Google drive link (higher res pic) : Pic link

C. Caudabec Candy_9-Jan2021.jpg

Last edited:
I will just attach some previous flowering pics too ----- flowers from the same plant. The first of the pics is what I used for my member photo pic hehehe

It is sort of like a chameleon orchid. The flowers can have different looks at different stages of the flower life, and also different colour/looks depending on temperature/climate etc too.

Also - the very last pic is a nice one --- showing a Dendrobium beetle having a really nice time. The water on the flowers was due to rain ----- wind blowing the rain onto the orchids.

Google drive links (higher res) :

Pic 1 link
Pic 2 link
Pic 3 link

C. Caudabec Candy_2019.jpg

C. Caudabec Candy_2020.jpg

C. Caudabec Candy_dendrobium beetle_2020.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back