C.Adela, a primary hybrid

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bought from Petrens orchids a couple of years ago and now reaching full size.
The cross is percivalliana x trianaei.
This year it made two successive growths over the summer and they’ve both flowered, about three weeks apart.
The petals in this clone are very pale lavender and the lip very like percivalliana.

548D29E7-0B91-4450-B04C-DEF6339733CC by david harrap, on Flickr

2D3A6054-EA1A-412A-8EF1-3651BE559B02 by david harrap, on Flickr

If it continues to produce two growths per year in future I’ll be pleased,
David

Not wishing to offend anybody's religious sensitivities, all I can say is, Oh My Dear Lord!! He understands.

Bought from Petrens orchids a couple of years ago and now reaching full size.
The cross is percivalliana x trianaei.
This year it made two successive growths over the summer and they’ve both flowered, about three weeks apart.
The petals in this clone are very pale lavender and the lip very like percivalliana.

548D29E7-0B91-4450-B04C-DEF6339733CC by david harrap, on Flickr

2D3A6054-EA1A-412A-8EF1-3651BE559B02 by david harrap, on Flickr

If it continues to produce two growths per year in future I’ll be pleased,
David
David, so very lovely! I have the remake of this wonderful 1898 cross with 4N parents,
(C. percivaliana ‘Summit’) FCC/AOS 4N x C. trianae ‘Cashen’s) FCC/AOS 4N.
One from Orchids Ltd. And another from Waldor. Mine are not as mature, but have each bloomed once (one flower each). Great growing, blooming on 2 growths!!! Hard to beat this one!!

Last edited:
David, the cross that southernbelle and I have from Orchids Limited has a very different flower, perhaps reflecting different ploidy. I know you were part of the chain we did on our plants from that cross. Shows the great variety that can result from a cross depending on the parents used.

Back