Buy 'em now!!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candace

Reaction score
Thanks to the the heads up from Rick Barry in this thread about Nick Tannaci's plants. http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9531&highlight=tannaci

I placed an order for 21 seedlings. Nick shipped them immediately and they are the largest, best rooted plants for the price I've ever received. This was my first order and I would definately order again if he wasn't selling his business and I had g.h. #2 finished.

I know winter weather has set in for the middle and eastern states, but even a FEDX charge would be worth it if you ordered enough. And you CA folks should place an order before our weather gets iffy and his plants are sold.

He's also got some parvis if you request a listing.

I've got no affiliation, etc. etc. just wanted to share my bliss.;>

Here's his site http://www.tannaci.com/index_files/Page487.htm

No, no godfroyaes. Most of the seedlings offered are hybrids. Though, maybe he's got some not listed. You could ask? I asked about his parvis because they're not on his website.

I checked the site...and every time I hit a picture it says "this page does not exist on this site"........................Eric

I gave you the link for the seedlings for sale and that works fine. It does look like there are some functionality problems for the site in other areas.

Nick does have (or had) some leucochilums, though he didn't actually produce the flask they came from. I got one in bud, and when it opened it showed lots of red, but the flower is definitely cuppy.

I'm glad to hear that some Slippertalk members have sent some business Nick's way. It's a win-win for both them and Nick.

I'd like to offer a recommendation regarding a specific cross of Nick's that I think any brachy lover should have. It's an unnamed cross of P. Conco-bellatulum x P Bella Lucia. The cross number is NT131. Don't miss this one! In my opinion it is one of Nick's finest. The reciprocal cross is NT132. Hedge your bets and buy both. I did.

Regards,
Rick

I'd like to offer a recommendation regarding a specific cross of Nick's that I think any brachy lover should have. It's an unnamed cross of P. Conco-bellatulum x P Bella Lucia. The cross number is NT131. Don't miss this one! In my opinion it is one of Nick's finest. The reciprocal cross is NT132. Hedge your bets and buy both. I did.

Regards,
Rick
Darn , why didn't you recommend this BEFORE I placed my order !! What about NT 173 sounds similar ? That is one I ordered.

Nick does have (or had) some leucochilums, though he didn't actually produce the flask they came from. I got one in bud, and when it opened it showed lots of red, but the flower is definitely cuppy.

I'm glad to hear that some Slippertalk members have sent some business Nick's way. It's a win-win for both them and Nick.

Regards,
Rick

I agree with Rick. This is a great cross. I posted 'Utopia' not too long ago, a select clone from the reciprocal cross. It was exceptional. Nick has awesome plants and is a terrific guy. I wish him luck in whatever he chooses for his future.

I bought
NT124 Paph. Matrix (Conco-bellatulum 'Beast' X S. Gratrix 'Lemon')in bud
NT125 Paph. Steele Beauty (Virgo 'Sabatino' X Steele Magnolia 'Sabatino') in bud
NT127 Paph. Doms Trix (Dom's Legend 'Cherry' X S. Gratrix 'Grande')
NT153 Paph. Bacon Trix (Byron Geer 'Soft Touch' X S. Gratrix 'Bleeder')
NT155 Paph. Mem Jim Coyle (Castle Greyskull 'Acne' X S. Gratrix 'Shapely')
NT157 Paph. Steele Bell (Steele Magnolia 'Sabatino' X bellatulum 'Hot Lips')
NT158 Paph. Steele Bell (bellatulum 'Hot Lips' X Steele Magnolia 'Sabatino')
NT165 Paph. Triple Bella (Bella Lucia 'Parmesan' X Triple Trix 'Waffle') in bud
NT167 Paph. Lucky Bells (bellatulum 'Cherry' X Bella Lucia 'Cheetah')
NT168 Paph. Lucky Bells (Bella Lucia 'Cheetah' X bellatulum 'Cherry')
NT171 Paph. Mem. Marie Coyle (Steele Magnolia 'Hammer' X Castle Greyskull 'Surprise')
NT186 Paph. unnamed (Virgo 'Full House' X Dom's Legend 'Yellow Monster')
NT187 Paph. Quatro (Triple Trix 'Orb' X S. Gratrix 'Tight Ass')
NT235 Paph. Otogozen (bellatulum 'Honker' X S. Gratrix 'Dark Knight')
NT122 Paph. S. Gratrix (bellatulum 'Rebirth' X leucochilum 'Red Baron') in bud

here are the pics of the seedlings all potted up

Todd

Attachments

• Paph Seedlings from Nick Tannaci.JPG
    Paph Seedlings from Nick Tannaci.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 47
  • Paph Seedlings from Nick Tannaci 1.JPG
    Paph Seedlings from Nick Tannaci 1.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 39
  • Paph Seedlings from Nick Tannaci 2.JPG
    Paph Seedlings from Nick Tannaci 2.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 29
  • Paph Seedlings from Nick Tannaci 3.JPG
    Paph Seedlings from Nick Tannaci 3.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 18
  • Paph Seedlings from Nick Tannaci 4.JPG
    Paph Seedlings from Nick Tannaci 4.JPG
    82.3 KB · Views: 33
Gilda
currently I am using a mix of Aussie Gold and Kelley's Korner CHC Mix blended together.......these are probably planted in a blend that has more Aussie Gold in it....as I ran out of Kelley's Korner CHC mix

Todd

I ordered 11 plants today. I was thinking of potting them up in Nick's mix as listed in Tropical Slipper Orchids by Koopowitz, page 68. Does anyone have any other tips/suggestions for taking care of these babies?

Brenda

Latest posts

Back