Busy weekend

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candace

Reaction score
So, who else spent all day repotting? I'm wiped out. I spent most of the day dividing and repotting some catts that had gotten out of control. I cranked up the BBQ and the smell of cooked leca was in the air. I also got a new motor and capacitor for my hydrofogger so got that reassembled and cranking. I fixed a clogged nozzle on my misting system and planted 3 plants outside. I'll sleep good tonight!

I did some re-potting yesterday, but today I worked in my yard. It's amazing how much debris collects during the winter.
However I agree -- I, too, will sleep good tonight!

I've been re-potting since Feb, a little here and there. Mostly yard work today,mowing, digging up weeds etc.

So, who else spent all day repotting? I'm wiped out. I spent most of the day dividing and repotting some catts that had gotten out of control. I cranked up the BBQ and the smell of cooked leca was in the air. I also got a new motor and capacitor for my hydrofogger so got that reassembled and cranking. I fixed a clogged nozzle on my misting system and planted 3 plants outside.

What did you do after lunch?
:)

This past week, I repotted all my slippers (except the ones in bud/bloom) into Kelly's mix. I also repotted (almost) all my cats and phals and misc. genera into semi hydro from CropKing. All told, about 80 repotted. It was the repotting marathon. Next, when the current final (we hope) cold snap passes over, I'm spraying the heck out of them with the cocktail of Merit/Enstar/mite insecticide that I can't remember the name of right now. They look so fresh and healthy in the fresh mix. Most of them had great roots, but I did find a few rootless wonders, now residing in sphag-in-bag.

Spent all day last friday and saturday potting up cyps and repotting cymbidiums, a few oncidiums, and of course most of my paphs and phrags. You got to love orchids to spend your two days off, working.:)

The bad thing about repotting and dividing is that the are more plants to cram into the jungle and the pots that used to fit in a space are bigger, so the plant benches must be re-arranged. I can see how collections can go down hill quick without the maintenance they need.

Back