Bulbos

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Grandma M

adductum1st12-23-07.jpg

adductum First flower, the next bloom is more full with a nice shape.

LovelyElizabeth1stclose12-23-07.jpg

Lovely Elizabeth

gracillum1st12-23-07.jpg
gracillumplant1st12-23-07.jpg

gracillum
A lot more little gracillum buds to come. The original flower is starting to hang a bit like a mini red medusea.

I am pleased with all of them and pleased as punch to have 4 in bloom at the same time. My carunculatum,
echinolabiumwronglabel-resizedshoul.jpg
which I purchased as echinolabium, is still in bloom. It's nice but every time I look at it I still think.....I wish it were echinolabium. Possibly at a show I will buy another echinolabium, in bloom so I know for sure what it is.

I was going to comment on how jealous I am of people who can grow stuff w/ bulbs but then I saw what you posted about going to a show. Than I thought about the Midwest storms I read about in the newspaper. Hope everyone there [and their plants] are semi-safe and ok.

Thanks Eric

I'm safe now but we had a big storm yesterday. 85 MPH wind with sleet. I got up about 5:00 AM to make sure the blinds were closed, hoping to stop the cold from coming in. I'm not sure if it helped but at least it made me feel useful. It's OK now, we still have power, and we will have a White Christmas.

Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year.

Eric

If the wind didn't ruin your kite the sleet sure would. We were told that it was the strongest wind ever recored in Grand Rapids for a winter storm.

Great looking Bulbos Grandma!

Carunculatum is a keeper even if its not an echinolabium.

Keep in mind though that a happy, bloomining size echino will just about dwarf a carunculatum:wink:

4 at the same time!!! WooHooo! Neat!
Good to hear you're surviving the weather! Did you have warm temps (upper 40's) Saturday & then Sunday became a rude awakening with a high of 15 plus those ungodly winds?!

I think these circle-like bloomers are very spectacular, always again, even the small ones! What about the smell of the carunculatum? Jean

Jean

My carunculatum has very little smell. I need to get close to it to smell anything, even then it in not offensive. I'm surprised because I heard a lot of horror stories about it. It just keeps putting out one flower after another although now I can only see one more bud inside.

My Zygo Louisenforf 'Rhein Clown' has been in bloom for several weeks and the wonderful fragrance fills the whole kitchen. If my bulbo smelled bad, and lasted that long, it would be in that green box in my garage by now.

Latest posts

Back