Bulbophyllum smithinandii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeanLux

Reaction score
I purchased this plant 3 weeks ago because of its interesting flower shape: 1 flower just finished, this one opened 2 days ago and 3 to come! Jean

bulbophyllumsmithinandirv4.jpg

bulbophyllumsmithinandijg3.jpg

bulbophyllumsmithinandika1.jpg

WOW! That a great one. I love the shape but also the color. That a lot of blooms for a young plant. Marilyn

lovely !!!:clap:

I have one that was purchased as a a purple-lipped Philippine species and suspect it is smithandii. It has the same lobii like flowers but much smaller than lobii Mine is currently in bud as well. The vendor swears that this plant is not smithandii but comparing my pics with yours they look fairly identical.

Jean would you be able to take measurements of the flowers, leaves and p-bulbs for me please?

Here is a pic of the flower from my plant:

speciesPhillipines.jpg

purplelipspeciesphillipines.jpg

Ron, your flower looks definitely just as mine with identical coloring of the lip (that is swinging as the lobbii lip does).

some measures (examples): leaf length 13cm, width 5cm, pseudobulb length 2,5cm
when compared to my lobbii, for the smithi the leaves are shorter (lobbii 22cm), but larger (lobbii 4cm), the bulbs are smaller (lobbii 3,5 cm)

here together with lobbii var. siamense (2 buds)

bulbophyllumsmithinandiqf2.jpg

and one leaf

bulbophyllumsmithinandixu6.jpg

Latest posts

Back