Bulbophyllum medusae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man I love that... :clap: :drool: What are your growing conditions for this? Mine is just staring back at me, not doing anything...

I grow mine in the house in natural light - eastern exposure. The room gets cooler than the rest of the house at night. It is potted in LECA with a top dressing of New Zealand moss. It has bloomed for me reliably since I got it two years ago.

Stunning!! Whadda great specimen and great photos too.
I enjoy it!! As for photos, still working on lighting.
Awesome!!!!
It's my favorite.
Wonderful! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for looking.
Oh man I love that... :clap: :drool: What are your growing conditions for this? Mine is just staring back at me, not doing anything...
In short: warm, wet, and bright - and it will take quite a bit of fertilizer for an orchid.
Great specimen. Leaves look impeccable. Picture great too.
Thank you. In the summer it lives outside, and sucking insects cause little bumps on the developing leaves, but they don't show up too much here.
Nice, thanks for sharing.
Thanks for commenting.
I grow mine in the house in natural light - eastern exposure. The room gets cooler than the rest of the house at night. It is potted in LECA with a top dressing of New Zealand moss. It has bloomed for me reliably since I got it two years ago.
This one is reliable for me too. First or second week of December I can count on blooms.
They all look funky and furry
This year it really is a big hairy mess, especially that group of six all crammed together at the bottom.

In short: warm, wet, and bright - and it will take quite a bit of fertilizer for an orchid.

Thanks!

A very nice plant you have there very well grown this species is a stunner when a large plant like yours.

Latest posts

Back