Bulbophyllum masdevalliceum excitement

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My first blooming of this species. 2 spikes were a surprise today. I check every few days and have noticed nothing for years then……First Flower not open but I am too excited to wait to post. I cannot grow Masdalevallia easily in Florida (have tried warm growing and still with no luck ) so this is a look a like for me.
1643586043642.jpeg
1643586061929.jpeg
1643586098663.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m anxious to see the open bloom. Here in hot, hot SC Texas I have failed with the Masdas and have given thought to trying this species. This seems like a large plant for first blooming!

I’m anxious to see the open bloom. Here in hot, hot SC Texas I have failed with the Masdas and have given thought to trying this species. This seems like a large plant for first blooming!
purchased as 2 large plants (placed back to back on their mounts) that likely previously bloomed. Has been sending out new growths but the 2 spikes are from old growths. First Flower a few days from opening. Will post pic when fully opened.

Do you know if Bulbo close at night? The flower has closed to nearly pre-bloom each night and reopened in the am. I did not know orchids did this.
Also I have ordered Phrags from Equagenera. Excellent quality plants. Some were even in spike unexpectedly. The warm growing Masdies from them have not done well in Florida for me.

Latest posts

Back