Bulbophyllum masdevalliceum excitement

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My first blooming of this species. 2 spikes were a surprise today. I check every few days and have noticed nothing for years then……First Flower not open but I am too excited to wait to post. I cannot grow Masdalevallia easily in Florida (have tried warm growing and still with no luck ) so this is a look a like for me.
1643586043642.jpeg
1643586061929.jpeg
1643586098663.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m anxious to see the open bloom. Here in hot, hot SC Texas I have failed with the Masdas and have given thought to trying this species. This seems like a large plant for first blooming!

I’m anxious to see the open bloom. Here in hot, hot SC Texas I have failed with the Masdas and have given thought to trying this species. This seems like a large plant for first blooming!
purchased as 2 large plants (placed back to back on their mounts) that likely previously bloomed. Has been sending out new growths but the 2 spikes are from old growths. First Flower a few days from opening. Will post pic when fully opened.

Do you know if Bulbo close at night? The flower has closed to nearly pre-bloom each night and reopened in the am. I did not know orchids did this.
Also I have ordered Phrags from Equagenera. Excellent quality plants. Some were even in spike unexpectedly. The warm growing Masdies from them have not done well in Florida for me.

Back