Bulbophyllum levinei

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naoki

Reaction score
I saw this listed as B. japonicum (Laos) in NT Orchids. I was curious what it was, so I purchased it in 2019. It turned out Bulbophyllum levinei. Very compact plant, and I like it (even though the individual flower is small). I put more dissected flower photos in my blog post (link). The photo is from May 30, 2020. I haven't had time to post it.
P5306465.jpgP5306493.jpgP5306456.jpg

I saw this listed as B. japonicum (Laos) in NT Orchids. I was curious what it was, so I purchased it in 2019. It turned out Bulbophyllum levinei. Very compact plant, and I like it (even though the individual flower is small). I put more dissected flower photos in my blog post (link). The photo is from May 30, 2020. I haven't had time to post it.
View attachment 21358View attachment 21359View attachment 21357
Nice close-up photography! Some Bulbophyllums last as little as one day, so a week is good. Three or four days is not unusual for species like B. andersonii: in this pretty species the flowers secrete a dew-like liquid; the next day after they begin to fade.

Good growing, Naoki! I love the dissection pics in your blog - always very illuminating. In casu showing how colourful the lip of this flower is, which isn't so clearly shown in the photos of the whole flowers!

That's true, the yellow color of lip doesn't show too much in the whole flower photo!
Eric, I feel like there was some fragrance, but I forgot.

Latest posts

Back