Bulbophyllum kubahense

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The closeup fotos show the beauty of these flowers. They are really pretty, Istvan. 👍 What's their diameter .... 1,5 - 2 cm or more ? And what about the scent .... the same aweful scent as of other Bulbos ?

The closeup fotos show the beauty of these flowers. They are really pretty, Istvan. 👍 What's their diameter .... 1,5 - 2 cm or more ? And what about the scent .... the same aweful scent as of other Bulbos ?
Sort of a chemical fragrance, and yeah about 2cm from the ones I’ve seen in flower

Congrats on flowering and keeping it alive.

This is a rare species that was found only in one area in Sarawak (in Borneo) that was completely stripped in a matter of weeks. So it is critically endangered.

Please self this to continue its survival? Maybe send seeds to me later to flask here?

Gorgeous! Never ceases to amaze me the variety of flowers in this genus. Surly one day a "splitting" botanist is going to come along and make 20 new genera.
I wish people would stop villainizing scientists and data. If you knew anything about genetics and the history of this genus, youd know that it has actually ABSORBED many other genera.

But even if this genus is split, what’s the problem? It is the largest in the orchid family, among the largest of all plants, and one of the oldest, originating, along with dendrobium, in one of the places where orchids first evolved and diversified.

No lumper/splitter debate or hate in 2024 please.

Funny this should show up today.

20240213_143842.jpg

These are about a year out of flask.Growing pretty well in the compots. Afraid to repot them. Don't want to lose any. I have been researching and searching the web but not a lot of info out there. How do others grow these?

Funny this should show up today.

View attachment 45506

These are about a year out of flask.Growing pretty well in the compots. Afraid to repot them. Don't want to lose any. I have been researching and searching the web but not a lot of info out there. How do others grow these?
Nicholas Rust is selling limited quantity of seedlings in his site, and he seems to have grown them well. If you have a way of contacting him in instagram or elsewhere, I recommend reaching out to see what he does.

Latest posts

Back