Bulbophyllum binnendijkii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Ditto

From Borneo
A fairly rare specie seen in cultivation- Grown this for +7 years never succeeding flowering it - but finally got it made- thinks it really worth the wait except for the smell
the plant has become fairly big with many leads so perhaps thats why its flowering now

Bulbophyllum%20binnendijkii%20.jpg

will post more pictures as the beast stabilizes
Uri

So nice and so strange! I have not seen this one before. I would love to grow it. Great job and well worth the wait. I really like bulbos and this one is great.

This really beautiful. Would really love to grow this but the only catch is that its stinky. Not for an indoor grower like me i guess.

That is wildly beautiful!!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Great success and wonderful species !
i love the pahudia Type Bulbos

i have some B.virescens and B. pahudia and they are becoming really unwieldy plants, no flowers in sight though... :(

To be honest.. I never found the scent of Bulbos that bad unless you put your nose right on the bloom.. I think people exaggerate the strength of the smell.

Good work getting it to bloom.. I hope my plants bloom soon too.

Brett

To be honest.. I never found the scent of Bulbos that bad unless you put your nose right on the bloom.. I think people exaggerate the strength of the smell.

Good work getting it to bloom.. I hope my plants bloom soon too.

Brett

Some people have a stronger sense of smell than do others. It also depends on the bulbo.

Back