Bulbophyllum beccarii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

paphjoint

This bulbo is imo for the "Connaisseur" and I'm pretty sure that this one is going into bud which is just amazing!!

beccarii2.jpg

The Whole plant
beccarii1.jpg

Congratulations!! NOT an easy one to grow at all. I have one and I am always worried it's going to rot away! Any tips on growing it?

I like it. I'm just starting to try to get into bulbos. All of the pics I've seen of yours are impressive!!

I think the common name for this specie is the Elephant Ear orchid - in its natural habitat it grows up and around three trunks - I've seen two color varieties the normal with reddish colors and a more rare form with purple flowers. I got this clone from a Danish orchid nursery 2 years ago.
So it was already well established - It like to be wet all year round - perhaps a little less during the cold months - but of course it thrives best in very warm and humid conditions - I always pour a lot of water
on these plant and have never experienced any rot. Plant will grow well on slabswith a little moss around the roots or in rockwoll mixes (if kept permanently wet) non established plants from imports can be VERY VERY difficult to establish one of the reasons is that it has very few and very tiny roots - and the fact that its psbs are very tiny to.

I can't see any of the pictures (maybe it's me, or my end), just wondering:

Has anybody ever see, or heard of beccarii Seedlings, or flasks? Surely if Jerry can produce a Hybrid, it should be possible to obtain Pods and Seed?

I can't see any of the pictures (maybe it's me, or my end), just wondering:

Has anybody ever see, or heard of beccarii Seedlings, or flasks? Surely if Jerry can produce a Hybrid, it should be possible to obtain Pods and Seed?

jerry sold some a couple years ago...
and there's a nursery in switz which sell seedlings (small one but sold as flowering size).
and o&m had some import plants too and i know at least one reseller in germany who got some import plants from my friend Nt Orchids...

i grow 9 or 10 plants...:rollhappy:

Latest posts

Back