Bulbophyllum antenniferum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sue

evil genius
Reaction score
I've wanted one of these for years, and finally recently got one from a forum-buddy. The bloom is about 5.5cm across, and 5.5cm tall, and smells (pleasantly) of black pepper. I love the way is presents itself with a certain shape and order at the large scale, but then entirely different and unexpected aspects of the flower emerge as you peer inside.

Please do click on the pics below for big versions. Please note: 1. the mottling on the interior of the dorsal sepal looks from the bottom like windowing, 2. the lip is highly mobile (although I guess you can't see that in stills), and 3. the comparatively tiny petals reduce to tiny threads with TINY PINK TEARDROPS hanging on the end. The only things that this flower is missing are 1. actually dripping fluid, possibly poisonous fluid, and 2. a car chase. Otherwise it's got pretty much everything you're looking for. In a Bulbo, at least.

Hey Sue.

If you ever get enough of this species to divide, I might have some other Bulbos you might be interested in swapping.

You got any with car chases?

I'll keep that in mind, but it'll be some time. This is a mounted/dangly one, and it'll be a while before it'll be ready to be cut back. But I'll remember.

very nice photos Sue!!

Rick said:
Hey Sue.

If you ever get enough of this species to divide, I might have some other Bulbos you might be interested in swapping.

OG, you can send me some bulbos!!!

Latest posts

Back