Bulbophyllum annandalei

• Thread starter Eric Muehlbauer
  • Start date
Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Eric Muehlbauer

I finally got a bulbo to bloom!!!! Its also the only bulbo that I have gotten to survive........Eric

I got it from a better angle, but the blooms looked blurred, so I didn't post it...Eric

NICE. Do you grow all your bulbos in pots which are that deep. Yours seems to like it's home.

As I said...its my only surviving bulbo. All the others were grown in shallower pots...can't grow them in baskets without a humid greenhouse. had a lobii that was growing in a shallow bonsai pot...lived, but didn't thrive...a squirrel finished it off...they really liked that bulbo, for some reason....Take care, Eric

Eric. That's interesting. I have been told they MUST be in shallow pots. I have been playing with some and I, like you, can't keep them alive in the shallow baskets. The only bulbo I have lost was in one of those baskets. I had 3 more in the same type of baskets which were slowly headed in the same direction. I took them out of the baskets and mounted them on cork. All three are starting to perk up again.

Ohhhh. What we will do for our orchids. Over Thanksgiving holiday I will be going to the Michigan UP to visit family. I am going to put my mounted bulbos in a box and take them with me. All other plants will survive 3 to 5 days alone but I don't believe the newly mounted ones will like being without water that long.

When I arrive with that box, my family with think I have "gone too far" in my concern for orchids. That's OK, I love them anyway.

Latest posts

Back