Bulbo sulawesii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron-NY

Reaction score
Found on the island of sulawesi in Indonesia. A sequential bloomer. With a not so lovely fragrance, LOL. Flower about 5". A good blooming this year with three spikes going.

sulawesii-1.jpg

sulawesii2.jpg

Yahoo Ron:clap:

I hope mine gets after it this year. Lots of new growths, but no spikes yet.

Ron / Sue Do yours put up spikes and new growths simultaneously, or does on generally precede the other?

Yours has, to my eyes, a very nice form. But what, exactly, does it smell like?

Mine smells wonderful – a fabulous black pepper smell! Really one of my favorite orchids in terms of scent. It sounds like I may have lucked out with that, for this species.

Rick I haven't paid attention but will look. How much light are you giving yours? This one can take fairly bright light.

Dylan, I have a head cold and said that from memory...I haven't checked this time around. I will let you now as this cold dissipates.

Rick I haven't paid attention but will look. How much light are you giving yours? This one can take fairly bright light.

Dylan, I have a head cold and said that from memory...I haven't checked this time around. I will let you now as this cold dissipates.

It's in pretty bright light at times. Enough to bloom a philipinense next to it.

I have found though that some bulbos often don't want to bloom until they are just about overgrowing the container they're in, and this one is just about there with all these new growths.

I like it, Ron. It's one I haven't seen. For some reason I don't have much blooming activity on my bulbos at this time.

My carunculatum is growing like mad. What a monster that one will be in a year or two.

Back