Bulbo oriental ???????

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Grandma M

I bought this as 'oriental'. I don't know what it is but it sure doesn't look like the pictures I have seen of oriental.

Whatever it is, I have to say it's pretty. It is a first bloom on a small plant so possibly the next blooming period it will have a larger flower. It has no fragrance.

oriental-wrongplant12-13-07.jpg

It looks something like my makoyanum, I would guess it's at least in the same family.

If they have similar characteristics, I'm sure you'll like it, I got mine in June & it's bloomed 3 times! That was the first blooming, the flower shape has improved each time & under lights it had much shorter petals than this photo.

I think you may be right, Rose. The flowers are similar except mine is a bit more yellow. It may just be the light it is growing under which makes the color difference. Who knows???

I looked up the info on mokayanum and it says "yellow with red daisy. Blooms forever".

It is cirropetalum lepidum!

Thanks. You sound so sure. I have to agree the color is more like lepidum. The mature leaves (2) are about 4 1/2 inches long. Does that help identify it?

I will wait to see if anyone else has any different idea before I change the label.

Latest posts

Back