Bulbo on a Swampstick

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Grandma M

PlantBtingabarium-onaSwampstickPort.jpg

Bulbo tingabarium on a Swampstick.

I didn't have any fish line so for the present time, it is attached with a divided strip of telephone cord. I will redo it as soon as I get out to buy fishing line, or get some from my son.......I have always said he was born with a fishing pole in his hand so I'm sure he will have some.

I just couldn't resist trying it, even without the fish line. This one is the small size with a glazed base on it. It is possible I should have bought the larger size. This one is 7" tall. I also bought another small one without a base, it hangs from a hook. Now I will see if I can keep it moist without spraying it twice a day. The inside can be filled with water so it sounds simple, if it works.

The small one without the base was $5.00, with the base was $6.50. Shipping for the two was $6.50.

Wish me luck with my new venture into the world of mounted plants.

Swampstick.com

He also told me he is working on a ceremic Swampstick especially for Bulbos.

hey, this could be the indoor solution for my bulbos

Grandma If things grow well the plant will be attached well enough in a few months to not require any wire to hold it on. So unless it really distresses you to look at the heavier wire I wouldn't sweat changing to fishing line.

Grandma If things grow well the plant will be attached well enough in a few months to not require any wire to hold it on. So unless it really distresses you to look at the heavier wire I wouldn't sweat changing to fishing line.

Rick has a good point here! I didn't think the phone cord looked bad, good job on recycling!!!

NO - it has a resevour you fill & the water is slowly evaporating thru the walls of the whole log.

Latest posts

Back