Bulb claptonense

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trithor

Chico (..... the clown)
Reaction score
A gift from my good friends Michael & Ben Ooi
I mounted it on a lump of hardwood which Ben found on my game ranch. it seems to have established itself quite well, and is now growing quite well.

[/URL]

Sorry, I seem to be having a problem with imageshack at the moment. The second pic is refusing to display even though it is visible on the hosting site. I have the same problem with a roths pic as well.:(

Beautiful! Not an adjective that I would use for many Bulbos but it fits this one.

I can see the second pic when I click on the link.

I have a B. lobbii mounted on cork, does very well. I was told there are 65 recognised varieties of lobbii, and then if you add on the varieties of claptonense (so similar), and then think that whatever figure that achieves, that is just 2 species from a genus of 2,000 or so, the mind boggles at the huge diversity in this genus..! I love the Bulbos, so wonderful, and so often so unexpected!

Thanks all
It is the striking and vibrant colour that is so appealing. I have not considered bringing my nose too close to it, but if as reported, it is not bad smelling, perhaps...?

Thanks all
It is the striking and vibrant colour that is so appealing. I have not considered bringing my nose too close to it, but if as reported, it is not bad smelling, perhaps...?

Try it. You will be not dissapointed (except if your clone doesn't smell)

Beautiful! One of my favorite Bulbo species and this looks like a very nice clone. Ditto what Fabrice said, the one I killed a few years ago smelled wonderful.

Gary, do you remember ribbon candy from your childhood?
The petals look so much like that candy one might be tempted to bite it. Be brave...sniff it and tell us what you
think.

I gave it a tentative sniff this morning, but could detect no scent at all. I will try again this evening at around sundown, perhaps then?

Back