built a coffee table

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tnyr5

Reaction score
African Mahogany with Spanish Cedar and Wenge base, Wenge inlaid keys, and lacewood accents that I built for a friend. By no means a masterpiece, but it turned out semi-decent.

20160414_214122.png.jpeg

20160414_231345.jpg
20160411_150327.png.jpeg

It is way more than "semi-descent", it is gorgeous! It is interesting that you combined several different materials with strong characters.

I like it a lot. It's beautiful!

I especially like that it's hand made and not mass produced out of plastic-laminated particle board.

I live near 2 lumberyards (Hearne Hardwoods and Groff & Groff) that have everything from Pine to Snakewood and Macassar Ebony.

Poplar, white & red oak, cedar, redwood, pine are readily availabe where I live. ironwood, mahogany is harder to find, the inlaid table top and the clear coat finish makes the grains stick out very nice, and hides any blemishes very good as well. people get dark hardwood floors after I tell them to use white or red oak, but everybody jumps on the best deal....oh well, dark wood shows every little scratch

Latest posts

Back