Buffalo Wild Wings-Blazin Challenge

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wjs2nd

Reaction score
So I tried the Buffalo Wild Wings wing challenge. 12 wing covered in their Blazin sauce in 6 mins. It's around 300,000 scoville units, not to bad. However, 12 big wings in 6 mins is a lot of food. Iwas able to eat 9 wings before time ran out. I'm not a heavy eater and I don't know if I could eat 12 wings of any flavor. It was fun to try though!

Well, I'm not a heavy eater. I read some reviews and noticed people talking about it being more of an ratting challenge. Some people said they did it in 3 mins or so. You get a free t-shirt saying you survived the challenge.

well, usually places will have tiny wings so that you eat and spend more :) so a place that has big wings is something good!

way way back in the binghamton, ny area where I grew up, 10 cent wings were the norm. and,... binghamton was where the real hot wings started, not in buffalo! (usurpers :rollhappy: )

I love chicken wings. :drool: I went to Buffalo for the Wing-fest a few years ago. I don't like Buffalo sauce but barbeque and tangy sauces I love!!!:D

it looks like there may no longer be a riggie festival. I found a news article in early 2011 stating that it's sponsor and site host was backing out though the director said it would still happen, but I didn't find any info for it (bummer)

At the BWW in Virginia that we ate at, big sign on door- No Guns Inside

Great service, nice staff.

Hmmmm, didn't noticed a "no firearms" sign at the one I went to in Minnesota, a carry state.

Their Blazin sauce is also a little so so compared to their other sauces. I really like the mango habanero.

the m.h. would probably be really good; both have flavor and flavors with heat are really good.

there was one bar my sister went to a lot in bingotown in the late '70s when the local hockey team was playing, and they had a cook whose last name was 'sully', and they had a super-hot version of their hot wings that was called the 'sully-cidal'.
though I like fairly warm things at times, I have no time or interest for the things that are just blazing hot, and have no flavor. blazing hot wings and other stuff that has no redeeming flavor are a waste of money in my eyes. it's far more skillful to create a sauce that has that perfect balance of heat and flavor, that makes you 'want' to eat more and sweat (or not sweat to tell the truth), not just spit them out

Billy, we have used BWW only once. The two closest to our home, are not quick to get to.

Yeah, I'm from NJ and I know how long food chains can take to "come in". If you get to go I suggest the mango habanero. I try to come back to NJ once a summer but my wife and I are saving up for a house, so I don't know about this year.

As the crow flies, the mileage is nothing. It's the traffic.

Our door is always open. :)

Hope you folks get a mortgage soon, I think the bottom rates are behind us now.

Latest posts

Back