Brown spots on recent deflasked P. adductum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have treated all of my plants - including adductum - with the stuff since the company asked me to carry it back in 2014, and I have never seen a negative reaction.

To this day, my biggest customers are breeders who buy it specifically for ex-flask seedlings.

I have a dozen or so other compots alongside my adductum, all multifloral species and hybrids, which seem perfectly happy with garden solution but every time I gave it to adductum a few would rot out within 24 hours. I have no idea why, they would be growing perfectly well all month then just fall apart into a pile of leaves after application.

FYI, neither KelpMax nor Garden Solution must be applied as a foliar spray. Using them as a drench of the medium is also effective.

I do apply as a drench once monthly. They are great products and I'm thrilled with how all of my other plants have grown, but for whatever reason my adductum seedlings just collapse after application.

Never had this problem with sam tsui or chuck acker
Just letting everyone know that Sam Tsui of Orchidinnusa.com 4th of July sale ends tomorrow. Discounts starting at 10% for all orders going up as high as 35% through July 15 2020.

Just letting everyone know that Sam Tsui of Orchidinnusa.com 4th of July sale ends tomorrow. Discounts starting at 10% for all orders going up as high as 35% through July 15 2020.

I would just spray the leaves with copper spray to begin with - top and bottom of the leaves. Or could try something like monterey garden phos (used to be agri-fos). Maximising air-movement is probably not necessary - or could even be problematic. Gentle air-movement would be nice. Gentle movement. Also - if possible, don't put water on the leaves if you can help it - even when there is air-movement. Or at least - don't put water on the leaves for now.

Latest posts

Back