Brown spots on leaves

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geraldine

Reaction score
Hello !

Can someone help me : I have spots on my paphio (american type)...what's happen ?
Many thanks :)
Géraldine

Attachments

• IMG_4182.jpg
    IMG_4182.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_4183.jpg
    IMG_4183.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_4184.jpg
    IMG_4184.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 53
They look like bacterial infections from standing water droplets. They also look to be done, so I wouldn’t be concerned unless they spread.

OK, I have to ask... what’s an ”American-type” paph?

many thanks for your prompt reply :)
There were few spots initially and then, more but it seems ok. I was thinking that this was maybe due to direct sunlight during a small period (end morning).
For the name of this one : no idea ...someone told me that it was an American type I will send you a picture

OK, I have to ask... what’s an ”American-type” paph?[/QUOTE]

Not sure about the exact name...here you are, with the flowers when I got it (in February 2020):

Attachments

• IMG_3499.jpg
    IMG_3499.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 22
Interesting how regional nicknames can be.

I have always known such complex hybrids as "bulldogs" and I mentally connected them with England! (Of course, I lived not far from Black & Flory in England when I was a child, and they had a lot of those...)

and the plant looks a bit 'dry'.

many thanks for your post. I bath it once a week for 10-15 min as explained by the seller.
Do you think I should do this more often ? Like every 5 days ? Or 6 days ?
Many thanks in advance :))) as sais I am a real beginner and I need to learn a lot :)
Good Night

Some years ago I had something similar in my Paph. Prime Child. Although the spot never was eliminated, the infection was controled using Mancoceb. (2 gr/L). Hope it be useful.

It all depends on you temp and humidity.
I would pour through a water twice a week in Spring and more in summer. The mix should be moist, not wet or soggy. DONT stand it in water.
Ok, this is well noted. many thanks for your precious advice

Back