Brazilian Rainbow Boa

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was talking my girl out to clean the tank and thought that I would share a few photos.

sorcerersapprentence4nxgrande4n018.jpg

sorcerersapprentence4nxgrande4n015.jpg

I once had a corn snake.... beautiful creature. ended up donating it to the Tennessee aquarium.
That is quite colorful though.

Gorgeous! I'm not a boa or python fan overall (I prefer Colubrids) but I love that one...I remember the rainbow boa in my wife's herp lab when we were in grad school...it was spectacular. Take care, Eric

A friend of the family saved an exoskeleton her tarantula shed for us. Awesome under magnification. Milhous is neat and so is your Python. You're a good person to take in the retired Boa.

Are these things dangerous when they grow big?
I mean, can they eat your pet or sneak up on you when your are asleep, if they got loose?

Does the whole python fit in your hand?

Yeah, he's about 3 (the oldest ball lived to be 48) and he has a lot of growing to do.

Are these things dangerous when they grow big? I mean, can they eat your pet or sneak up on you when your are asleep, if they got loose?

It would be very unlikely that they would be able to kill an adult human, they don't have the girth and therefore the squeeze strength (now, the red tail that I had, that's a different story). I've had the boa squeeze down pretty hard on me and it wasn't bad at all. Interestingly, Simone, the big boa will only eat frozen-thawed all white rats. Anything brown or with spots she refuses to touch. So she wouldn't be likely to go after my rabbit. However, I wouldn't be too comfortable with her loose while I slept.

Latest posts

Back