Brassavola x Sophrolaelicattleya

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Potinara, but your SLC might not be an SLC anymore. Check out the latest and greatest at the RHS site.

depending on which "Laelia" species is involved it would be Brassolaeliocattleya or just Brassocattleya... or depending whether the Cattleya is still cattleya or Guarianthe... (I think...)

It depends!
Brassavola digbyana is now known as Rhyncholaelia. But many other brassavolas have not changed.
Cattleya is still cattleya unless we're talking of the bowringiana-aurantiaca group which are now Guarianthe.
Sophronitis is considered either as a Cattleya or a laelia depending on the species.
If I knew the species or hybrid names of the parents, I could figure it out for you.

sent you a email,
thanks
Russell
It depends!
Brassavola digbyana is now known as Rhyncholaelia. But many other brassavolas have not changed.
Cattleya is still cattleya unless we're talking of the bowringiana-aurantiaca group which are now Guarianthe.
Sophronitis is considered either as a Cattleya or a laelia depending on the species.
If I knew the species or hybrid names of the parents, I could figure it out for you.

Latest posts

Back