Brain Teaser: Game on!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperKing

Madd Virologist
Reaction score
Let's see who can get the most correct or as close to the correct answer as possible. Some are species and some are hybrids. Some have been posted and some have not. I don't want it to be too easy so they are slightly out of focus:evil:

You will ask, "What do I win?" The answer, "A title- StaminodeKing"!!

no.1
IMG_5750_zpsc65c9775.jpg

IMG_5751_zps9bdae45a.jpg

IMG_5742_zpseb3b8d61.jpg

IMG_5762_zpsdfc9c8b5.jpg

IMG_5748_zps02213800.jpg

IMG_5757_zps3dba7ec8.jpg

IMG_5737_zps7dc32507.jpg

You are correct Orchid Boy but looking back at the picture I can see the gonads (pollenia) are in better focus then the stami!

1venustum
2 ?
3 ?
4 ?
5 chamberlainianum
6 rothschildianum
7 phillipenense

That was fun to research. Cool game but hard.

Not too shabby Hera. You got #1,#2, #3, #4 and #5 right! #6 you managed to pick out one of the great grandparents and #7 you got one of the parents!

This thread made my night.
...and made me realize I dont pay close enough attention to orchid parts!

6 Kemp tower?
It is a hybrid Gary but not that one. Notice what I told Hera, "#6 you managed to pick out one of the great grandparents"
This thread made my night.
...and made me realize I don't pay close enough attention to orchid parts!
I admit LMB, I was taken back by the initial response as well!! I was in tears laughing so hard.

SK, you are a hard task master! Being a Sunday, perhaps a few hours in the lab (I have a few pods that have ripened, spicerianum, philippinense, and wilhelminae), then open a bottle of wine and go through a bunch of orchid pics and try and scrutinize their nether regions (I will need the wine to reduce my embarrassment as I am sure to feel oddly perverted)

Latest posts

Back